Forum Discussion

murugesanisonli
New Contributor
12 years ago

Getting the Rows and Columns from Grid

I've licensed TC7 version and TC9 trial version. In my application i want to get the rows and column count in a flex grid and want to iterate into the grid and get the values.But i'm not getting any properties or methods to get the row and coulmn count of the Grid.

Please let me know if anyone have any idea on this.

3 Replies

ray_mosley
    Frequent Contributor
    I am unsure if this is the answer or not, but I had written scripts in 8.7 to process rows and columns just like you want, only to discover that the object in 9.0 no longer had the row and column properties.  This caused having to rewrite sometimes being forced into x,y selections. 

Wish I could be more encouraging.  In addition, pay CLOSE attention to the performance and timing questions raised in the forum.  They have not been completely resolved with the 9.10 announced today.  I wish I had not converted to 9.0 at all; we had much better results with 8.7.  My colleague did not convert, and his execution results are much better than mine on 9.0 or 9.10.
    Anonymous

Hi Murugesan,

Are you using the Flex DataGrid control? TestComplete provides some helper properties and methods to get access to this control. For example:

wColumnCount - returns the total number of grid columns. 

wRowCount - returns the number of grid rows. 

wValue - gets or sets the value in the specified cell. 
    sastowe
    Super Contributor
    I would second being careful about TC 9. We have not had good luck. My approach is to continue running our production projects in the version we have been working with. We keep separate copies of the projects to use in troubleshooting with SmartBear.