Forum Discussion

harshdip_singh
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

GetCellPos Not Generating Value For A SftTreeControl32OCX Grid

Hi,

The Test Complete native method GetCellPos is not generating any value for a SftTreeControl32OCX Grid.

It generally populates the parameters-Left, Top, Width, Height and Span.

However, in my case its not populating and errors out when this method is called.

Any workaround or any suggestions I could give it a try.

Thanks,

Harshdip Singh

4 Replies

harshdip_singh
    Occasional Contributor
    On further investigation, I found out that the property CellText gives the correct text of the cell with the parameters of the rowIndex and columnIndex.

However, on using the record and playback option, it is using coordinates of the control to click.Text is not get recognized even with TextRecognition.

Any suggestions on this ?
    harshdip_singh
    Occasional Contributor
    On further investigation, I found out that the property CellText gives the correct text of the cell with the parameters of the rowIndex and columnIndex.

However, on using the record and playback option, it is using coordinates of the control to click.Text is not get recognized even with TextRecognition.

Any suggestions on this ?

• Hi Harshdip,

I found out that the property CellText gives the correct text of the cell with the parameters of the rowIndex and columnIndex.

The control is not specially supported by TestComplete, so this is the expected behavior. I recommend that you keep using the control's native methods and properties to interact with it.

As for the GetCellPos issue, I've just replied to the support case you created regarding it.

amithsm
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Allen,

I am currently working on the GetCellPos issue. Can you please share with me the information that you emailed Harshdip.

Thanks,

Amith