Forum Discussion

thuy
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Freeze Diagnostics was not able to kill the process successfully

The configuration we have for this project is using TC9.31 + IE9.

We added "iexplore" process to the list of processes to kill in the "Freeze Diagnostics" panel in TC.  We find that sometimes when IE hangs, TC is *not* able to kill the process successfully and, as a result, the script is not able to timeout, leaving it blocks the whole run which is unacceptable.

Is there a workaround?  How does TC terminate the freeze application?  Is there a way for us to override your method?  Please see attached images.  Let us know if you need more info.

Thanks,

Thuy

2 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    I've not experienced this problem... but I do have a question from some observations I've made.

IE 9 (and other versions of IE) actually spawns more than one process.  Could you verify whether or not, at the time of freeze, IE has more than one process running?  If so, I wonder (and this is just me thinking out outloud) if TestComplete is killing one of the processes but not all of them.

You can try implementing the tip found here for disabling the multiple processes as well as the other tips for improving IE's performance during web testing.  http://support.smartbear.com/viewarticle/57287/

Not sure if this is the answer but it is worth investigating.
    thuy
    Occasional Contributor
    Hey thanks for your suggestion, Robert!

Good point.  I checked and yeah I did get 2 IE processes listed in the task manager when trying to start up IE.   I just configured my IE settings per suggestion in the article.  Hopefully that will take care of it.

Regards,

Thuy