Forum Discussion

kford
Occasional Contributor
10 years ago

firefox issues with test complete 10.30

Issues:

For Firefox, if ignore overlapping is set, produces errors. If not set, hung up and fails. Get message
“ There was an attempt to perform an action at point (137,10) which is invisible or out of the windows bounds”. This issue happened on a  Drop Down List test.

1. In firefox it seems like the software is having a hard time handling scrolling. It doesn't seem to catch up with test when I scroll.

2. If I run a test set with multiple browsers I get the same error above. If I run a stand alone test for IE or Chrome I do not revive this error.

If the issue can be fixed above I believe it will resolve the scrolling issue as well.

I'm running firefox version 31, running on test complete 10.30

Any ideas on how to fix this?

5 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Kelli,

Did you install the patch for Firefox 31 from here?

If you did, and this doesn't help, that would be great if you described the issues in detail: what code failed, screenshots of the problematic objects, reports of failed test executions, etc.

kford
    Occasional Contributor
    The code failed when scrolling in fire fox 31. It seems likes it is overlapping the window. I tried using the ignore overlapping option and it gave more errors than the initial one. We are only using UI screenshots and not coded scripts. We installed the patch and that didn't fix the issue.

I have attached the failed results:

kford
    Occasional Contributor
    Looking into buying this product? Any help??
  • Kelli, the information that you provided is not enough to troubleshoot the issue.

I recommend you to enable "Stop on error" project option (click main menu item "Tools", "Current Project Properties" and open "Playback" section), then play back your test and it will stop when the issue occurs. After that please show us the code that failed and the current state of web page opened in Firefox and contents of Additional Info tab of the log.