Forum Discussion

murugans1011
Regular Contributor
10 years ago

Exporting Test Results at end of test

I'm Exporting test results using SaveResultas method. I've implemented in this in On_Stop test event. But Each item it exporting log separately. Say for i've 3 test items in project then 3 Log Results Exported. i need one complete final Test log. On Stop test event raises when each test item execution complete.how to export log whn final item executed. is there anything can be done with itemcount property?

9 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    Do not use events handling for this. Simply create one additional test which will run after all tests and the only thing it should do - export log. That's it.
    jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    Hi Murogan,

In our projects we have a final script / test call that exports the Project Log to html / mht and tcLog and sends an email with the result.

Like this:

Project Test Items:

1. Test 1

2. Test 2

3. test 3

4. exportResults

karkadil
    Valued Contributor
    Jose, there's 3 minutes difference, so it's not the same time :)
    jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    Those 3 minutes checking out twitter before posting... Damn! :D
    murugans1011
    Regular Contributor
    Hi Jose & Gena,

your solution works great for a single project execution. but what about executing projectsuite. if there is 2 projects in a projectsuite then first project has its own log exported but second project testlog exported along with 1st project. Executing a 'exportResults' at final project makes single log for all projects which is large in size and extremely slow in opening. is there any way that i can export log separately for each project item in project suite? also if there is any event across project suite then it will be very useful.
    jose_pita
    Super Contributor
    Hi Murogan,

Here you have all the info about exporting results. You can export the project or the project suite results.

Also you can export in mht (slow to open but only one file) or in html (fast to open but a lot of files).

What we do is, we have a xampp server, we export the results in html to the server and everyone can access it from the server URL.