Forum Discussion

paramveer
Contributor
13 years ago

Different full name for same object with same Test complete version

Hi ,

I am facing a problem that for a desktop application when i get the full name of the object it is like.

Sys.Process("Analec.ClientManager.Shell").WinFormsObject("DropDownForm", "", 30).WinFormsObject("ValueListDropDownUnsafe", "")

and on another two machine with same test complete version and application version i am getting Full name as

Sys.Process("Analec.ClientManager.Shell").WinFormsObject("DropDownForm", "").WinFormsObject("ValueListDropDownUnsafe", "")

and the index for the object WinFormsObject("DropDownForm", "", 30) changes on frequent basis working with which is very hard.

Please suggest what thing make such kind of changes in full name even if application version and Tescomplete version is same on all machine.

OS (Win_XP 2002, SP-3)

Application developed in infragistics technology.

Thanks in Advance

Param

1 Reply

AlexeyK
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

There can be different reasons for the behavior you describe. The index parameter depends on various factors. If the index is not important, you can ignore it and use the default value (-1). If the index cannot be skipped, you have to indentify objects by its other property values. For example, by the name defined in the application source code, by the number of child objects, and so on. To obtain an object by an arbitrary set of its properties, you can use the FindChild method. Also, see Searching for an Object.