Forum Discussion

Subbulakshmi
Frequent Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

dialog box not getting recognized in delphi application

Hi,

Our application is delphi based. There is a window in which we need to enter few data and click on save button. Once save button is clicked, there is one information(Message) box popped up and we need to click on OK button. 

Even though the dialog is visible in the screen, Test Complete is waiting for some time before clicking on OK button. It is showing the status message as "Waiting for DlgSave". I have added VCLObject Name/Caption as properties. 

Could you please let me know, what I am missing here.. why test complete is waiting, even when dialog box is visible. 

• Hi,

This issue was resolved when I uncheck * from Curent Project Properties(MSAA options under General options).

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Could you show the code you're executing along with a screenshot of the properties of the dialog you're trying to interact with?

m_essaid
    Valued Contributor

Hi,

I assume you use Name Mapping to interact with your VCL component. Could you open your tested app, open the form, then edit the mapping of the object you can't access yet and give us a screenshot of the mapping ?

Don't you use instance numbers or handles to access to your object ?

Subbulakshmi
    Frequent Contributor

Hi,

This issue was resolved when I uncheck * from Curent Project Properties(MSAA options under General options).