Forum Discussion

NicolaFilosa_SE
Contributor
2 years ago

Crash of the application under test

Hello to everyone! I'm facing a problem that is stopping us. In the script, at certain points, we close and then reopen the application under test. When I run the test after the closing of the application TestComplete logs an error message saying "The EWApplication.exe process crashed" but in the reality the application is closed. I put a delay of 5000 ms after the click of exit button. How can I make TestComplete recognizing that the application is undergoing a reboot?

thanks in advance

Nicola

9 Replies

NicolaFilosa_SE
      Contributor

Hi Rrghvani, I tried with Sys.WaitProcess but it does not work fine. I think that the problem is that after the closing of our process TC does not see it anymore. Could I remove the delay after the closing in order to do the open of the process just after the closing?

Thanks in advance

Nicola

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

Is the application under test listed in your Tested Applications?  I would try taking it out of there and launching it on your own at the top of the first test. 

NicolaFilosa_SE
      Contributor

Hi Marsha, the problem is that the process that we launch is a project that comes from the previouos part of the script. I think that the problem isn't the process itself but TC that doesn't see the process and so it logs an error. How can I say to TC to wait until the next command?

Thanks in advance

Nicola

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

How is the application being launched? And how is it being closed? Is the application Java, .Net ?

NicolaFilosa_SE
      Contributor

function Exit_Program()
      {
      Aliases.EWApplication.wndLogicLab_MainFrame.xtpBarTop.panelMenuBar.menubarMenuBar.menuitemFile.Click();
      delay(5000)
      Aliases.EWApplication.popupFile.menuitemExit.Click();
      //delay(5000)
      }

function Run_412()
      {
      TestedApps.empty412_ESME.Run()
      delay(5000)

// Wait EWApplication
      Sys.WaitProcess("empty412_ESME", 10000);
      }

The process is a .plcprj file

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

You are using TestedApps to launch your application. As Marsha_R had mentioned, try to remove your application from TestedApps and launch the application manually. If you then call Exit_Program(), does TC throw an error message about crashing?

The application may be returning a code, which TestedApps is picking up as an error.

Also, is "empty412_ESME" the actual process name that's appearing in TC?

rraghvani
    Champion Level 3

The desktop application that you are testing with TC, are you able to open that application manually?