Forum Discussion

gentlesea
Frequent Contributor
13 years ago
Solved

Copy Full Path feature wanted in IDE

What I do when I want to work with a file from my project in Visual Studio is usually right-clicking its tab in Visual Studio to get the full path name, switching to Perforce, pasting the full path name and pressing Ctrl-E to make this file editable (this removes the read-only attribute and checks out the file in the depot). In TestComplete, I could not find a possibility to navigate directly from the IDE to the location on the file system. Please add a "Copy Full Path" also in TestComplete.
  • Hi,

You can see and copy the file name in the Properties panel (see the attached image). It's hidden by default, but you can add it to the TestComplete IDE using View > Select Panel.

Yet, I agree that Copy Full Path would be a nice enhancement, so I filed a feature request. Thanks for the feedback!

2 Replies

HKosova
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

You can see and copy the file name in the Properties panel (see the attached image). It's hidden by default, but you can add it to the TestComplete IDE using View > Select Panel.

Yet, I agree that Copy Full Path would be a nice enhancement, so I filed a feature request. Thanks for the feedback!
    gentlesea
    Frequent Contributor
    Thanks, using it now your way until new feature appears.