Forum Discussion

jeffrey_crowley
Contributor
11 years ago
Solved

Chrome 31 patch for TestComplete?

I was wondering when the TestComplete patch for Chrome 31 is coming. It's been about a month since 31 was released.

Thanks,

Jeff

6 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Jeff,

TC 9.31 works fine for me with Chrome 31 out of the box.

What version of TC are you using?

In general it's working but there are some issues with objects in iframes that I'm running into and I guess I assumed they were related to 31. The same code worked in 30 and also currently works in FF.

For example, I can't spy elements inside an iframe on our test site in Chrome 31 but I can in FF.
  • Hi,

Thanks for the response. I investigated further and found that it has to do with a cross-domain IFRAME. Once the IFRAME src is on a different domain, TC can no longer see inside it in Chrome 31. Chrome 30 and FF, etc. still work fine.

Here's a sandbox example of what I'm talking about.

http://sandbox.ternarylabs.com/porthole/

Frame 1 and Frame 2 are both cross-domain IFRAMEs. If you use object spy, you cannot see any HTML elements inside either of the IFRAMEs.

Our page that has this issue is a payment page on an internal only site so I can't send you that link but I repro'd the issue with the above link.

Thanks,

Jeff
    TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jeff,

I've registered this behavior in our bug-tracking system. Let's wait for the feedback from our R&D team. I'll keep posting the news here.