Forum Discussion

foxruru
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

cann't identified the .net Object

framework :3.5 and  sp1

The test system: the.net programming a client containers, inside nested is JAVA development WEB pages

Problem: I use testcomplete version 7.52, installed all plugins, but identified expand client container object is Windows appliations. The other one is Windows xp too, but it can be correctly identify object,  not all recognition for Windows appliations object.I try to compare the diffrents,but I can't find.oh ,i also  install the 8.0,is it conflict?

6 Replies

Anonymous

Hi Ruru,

It seems you faced a known problem in TC 7.52 related to recognition of .NET applications after installing .NET Framework 4.0. We have a fix that should solve the problem. You can download it from here:

-  TestComplete Enterprise

-  TestComplete Standard

To install the fix:

1. Unpack the downloaded archive to your hard disk drive.

The archive contains two folders: 'x86' and 'x64'.

2. Close TestComplete.

3. Copy the 'x86\tcClrHook.dll' file to the "<TestComplete 7>\Bin\Extensions" folder.

4. If you are running an x64 operating system, you also need to copy the 'x64\tcClrHook.dll' file to the "<TestComplete 7>\x64\Bin\Extensions" folder.

Please let me know whether the fix helps.
    foxruru
    Occasional Contributor
    thank you very much. Then Problem id solved.
    foxruru
    Occasional Contributor
    Oh, when i use the Dll you gave me,the .net object can identification,but the object browser is very slow,and i use the display object Properties window ,the testComplete is will be closed.I try more than 10times....
    foxruru
    Occasional Contributor
    I try to unstall the framework 4.0,but then Browser object is slowly too.can you help me?
    Anonymous
    Hi,

I suggest that you use the latest product version, TestComplete 8.20, and check whether the problem exists in this version.

If using TC 8.20 is not acceptable for your, please make sure that you are using TestComplete 7.52 ('Help | About...'). If you have this version, please provide us with additional information:

1. Do you observe the slowdown  when working with the sample Orders.exe application?

Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008: <Users>\Public\Documents\TestComplete 7 Samples\Open Apps\OrdersDemo\C#\bin\Debug\

Other operating systems: <Documents and Settings>\All Users\Documents\TestComplete 7 Samples\Open Apps\OrdersDemo\C#\bin\Debug\

2. Please send us detailed information about your computer. To get the information, please run msinfo32 (Start | Run...), save the information it provides to an *.NFO file (File | Save...) and send it to us.

3. Could you please send us a project demonstrating the results of slow execution?
    foxruru
    Occasional Contributor
    thanks for help,I unstalled the framework 4.0  and TC 7,and reStall then TC 7,then the problem can resolve.