Forum Discussion

vjjohnson04
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

cannot Mapp radcombo box.

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a mapped name for a radcombobox which is within a toggle button but I get this message "The specified mapping criteria donot provide unique identification of the object. This may cause recognition problems during the testrun. Save the mapping settings?" .

Can someone guide through this.

Thanks to all for the help in advance. :-)

3 Replies

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Vikas,

This message is shown when there are several objects in your application that match the specified mapping criterion. If you map your object using this criterion and try to access it from your script, TestComplete will search for the object using the mapping scheme and will use the first found object. If it's not the needed object, most likely, the test will fail.

So, to solve the problem, I recommend that you change the mapping criterion so that there weren't problems with objects identification in the future. That is, make sure that there is only one object that matches each specified mapped criterion.

irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Vikas,

The mapping criteria depend on the tested application, its structure and many other things. So, I cannot suggest any mapping criteria without seeing your application. So, if you cannot find the mapping criteria for your controls, I suggest that you contact our Support Team and send them your application. They will help you find a solution faster.

Thanks.