Forum Discussion

Herman
Contributor
12 years ago

Bug(?) in the TestComplete clone procedure

In my tests I use a lot of shared routines. I use a special folder for the shared script files. When I use TestComplete 9 to make a copy of an project the shared files are no longer copied (as it used to be in earlier versions). This really makes me happy.

Now the bad part of the story.

Because I use a lot of shared script files I also use one shared namemapping file. I store the namemapping file is a dedicated folder. When I make a clone of an existing project the shared namemapping file is nicely integrated in the new project. However, when I save the project suite and re-open it I get a message that some information is missing. The missing information is the namemapping that seems to be removed from the original project. I can manually repair this by deleting the missing namemapping in the project tree and then add it again but this is a time consuming annoying procedure. I also noted the following related problem: hen I try to make a second clone of the original project TestComplete reports an interface problem and doesn't create the new cloned project.

1 Reply

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello Herman,

I failed to reproduce the behavior you describe.

To help us investigate the problem, could you please use the Contact Support web form and send us your problematic project suite along with the shared name mapping file (or a sample project suite we could use to reproduce the problem)?

Thanks in advance.