Forum Discussion

msmith_1
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Batch Testing

Hello,

We are experiencing a frustrating issue with batch testing.  We have several Keyword tests that run perfectly fine by themselves, but when we put them into a batch run, we get numerous "Tested object could not be found" errors.  these are always in reference to some control in the tested app (Text box, grid, etc).  If we redirect the test item to the object, then it works fine.

thank you

5 Replies

maximojo
    Frequent Contributor
    Possibly a name mapping issue.  We haven't set any specific name mappings, however.  So I can't see how this could enter in to play.  Object names should be the same within each test and from the calling routine as well.  Unless I'm misunderstanding name mapping.

What do you mean by "dynamic properties" specifically?

---------------------------------------

Hi,

If you are running keyword tests then you are using the default namemapping which Test Complete generates at record time. This may work most of the time but sometimes it maps dynamic properties and requires some user intervention to make it bulletproof in my experience.

If you run the Keyword tests one after the other (but not in batch) do they work? e.g.

- Run keyword test A

Check if the clicked items in keyword test B are mapped (right click on the item in the keyword test and hit "H")

- Run keyword test B

Check if the clicked items in keyword test C are mapped (right click on the item in the keyword test and hit "H")

- Run keyword test C

maximojo
    Frequent Contributor
    Possible a namemapping issue? Are there any dynamic properties in the path to the target object?

msmith_1
    Occasional Contributor
    Possibly a name mapping issue.  We haven't set any specific name mappings, however.  So I can't see how this could enter in to play.  Object names should be the same within each test and from the calling routine as well.  Unless I'm misunderstanding name mapping.

What do you mean by "dynamic properties" specifically?
    hlalumiere
    Regular Contributor
    The best way to avoid namemapping issues is to not use namemapping at all. That is just my opinion though.
    msmith_1
    Occasional Contributor
    That's my point.  We're not using name mapping.