Forum Discussion

Carloso
Occasional Contributor
12 years ago

Backing up data

Is there a way to back up test complete data? I would like to make extensive changes to the Name Mapping section, but I want to be able to revert those changes in case the tests fall apart.

The reason I want to make the changes is that different pages of a website I have tested have been recorded under different instances of internet explorer. I'm currently trying to merge all the pages into one instance of IE. Let me know if you have any tips, I could use them.

Thanks

2 Replies

Julia_K
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello Carlos,

To create backups for your project's Name Mapping, you can use a source control system. It allows checking in all the changes made to your project and restore a previous version of it if you need to. Moreover, TestComplete provides integration with source control systems, that is, you can check in your project files and check them out from the source control system directly from the TestComplete IDE. If you need more information on this feature, please see the Integration With Source Control Systems section of our Help system.

As an alternative and simpler way, you can just create a backup copy of the NameMapping.tcNM project's file and store it on your hard drive.

As for merging recorded pages into a single instance of the Internet Explorer process, you can try dragging the mapped page objects in the Name Mapping editor to make them children of the needed Internet Explorer mapped process object. For more information, please see the Changing Mapped Objects' Hierarchy Help topic.

Let us know if this information does not help or if you need anymore assistance.

Thank you.