Forum Discussion

suthersons
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

32-bit and 64-bit windows7 OS difference,

Hi Sir,

I am very happy to use your TestComplete automation tool for our automation recording process. I have faced a problem while running the script in the 64-bit OS from the 32-bit OS. Here with i have made an example, Kindly check it and let me know soon,

I have taken a TestComplete project, which is running at 32-bit

machine daily, which has given the following results,

32Bit Machine Project :

Which is showing none errors and warnings at 32-bit machine.

This same projects I have made it run in the 64-bit machine which

is showing this much difference,

In 64-bit machine with 32-Bit

image:

Now I have resaved this modified image and change the

modified image into the 32-bit machine project  means, there also which is showing difference

like this,

64-bit image at 32-Bit Machine:

Here with i have attached the three images which i have mentioned here. Kindly check this and update me the solution as earliest possible sir.   

3 Replies

• Your image is rendered slightly differently on the different OS's.  This is fairly common in automation.  You may need to use separate baseline files for each OS.
    tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor
    Either that or look at changing the tolerance level in your image comparisons.
    ArtemS
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello gentlemen,

As far as I can judge from the attached images, the dissimilarities are most probably caused by various font smoothing settings under different OS's.

Therefore you may perform any of the following:

• a) Disable or set the same font smoothing method when both the baseline and actual images are captured.

• b) Use separate baseline files for each OS as Russell suggested.

• c) Tune the comparison tolerance as Robert suggested.  Namely, adjust the value of the PixelTolerance  parameter. See the "Ignoring a slight difference between images" section of the "Comparing and Finding Images - Specific Tasks" topic for details.