Forum Discussion

Stoplight
Community Manager
2 months ago
Solved

Receiving error when attempting to connect my stoplight account to git

Originally posted by user aplii to the Stoplight Community on 11/07/2023 at 10:18 ET.

I'm currently unable to connect my github account to stoplight. On attempting to connect the account i get the error "This integration account is already associated with 'name@email.com'. I don't have an account for this email address (see screenshot - this is the account it's apparently associated with) and the connection is initially removed from my GitHub apps.

Can you help?

• aplii (OP) [11/14/2023 - 16:59 ET]

Turns out there's an issue on stoplight. The only way i could get this to work was to login with my github account. If you login with another account (say email/password) it will not work. 

By adding my github account to the stoplight account, that allowed everything to work as expected. Probably a good idea to look into this generally 👍

3 Replies

Stoplight
      Community Manager

aplii (OP) [11/14/2023 - 16:59 ET]

Turns out there's an issue on stoplight. The only way i could get this to work was to login with my github account. If you login with another account (say email/password) it will not work. 

By adding my github account to the stoplight account, that allowed everything to work as expected. Probably a good idea to look into this generally 👍

Stoplight
        Community Manager

a_welch (Staff) [11/14/2023 - 17:06 ET]

Glad you were able to connect! If you have any additional issues I would recommend that you open a support case for them to review.