Forum Discussion

Vaidas_Adomausk
New Contributor
17 years ago

TestCase running fails in 2.0.2 Pro version, but works in free version???!!

Hi,

When I try to run testCase with some test steps in it in 2.0.2 pro version it fails. Error message:

Test started at 2008-03-14 18:14:55.209
TestCase failed [java.lang.NullPointerException:java.lang.NullPointerException], time taken = 0

If i run testRequest separately it works.

If I open and run the same testCase from the same workspace from 2.0.2 free  version everything works fine.

by the way sample project (from installation works fine) in 2.0.2 pro.

What can be a problem, or is it a bug?

Thanks for help.

8 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

this sounds like a bug.. can you mail me your soapui project file so I can have a look (ole@eviware.com)?

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Scott_Tindal
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

I'm running into this same error in soapUI Pro 2.5.1, running some testcases throws java.lang.NullPointerException (full stack trace below), I can run individual steps in the testcase without error.  This only happens for some of the testcases I've created.  Was there a solution to this problem?  Thanks.

Stack trace from soapUI console window:
    12:55:13,572 ERROR [WsdlTestCaseRunner] Exception during TestCase Execution
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testcase.ProWsdlTestCaseDesktopPanel.beforeRun(Source
    File:61)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.panels.testcase.WsdlTestCaseDesktopPanel$InternalTestRunList
    ener.beforeRun(WsdlTestCaseDesktopPanel.java:334)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.notifyBeforeRun(WsdlTestCaseRunn
    er.java:324)
            at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.testcase.WsdlTestCaseRunner.run(WsdlTestCaseRunner.java:155)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Regards,
    Scott Tindal
  • Hello Scott Tindal,

If i remember correctly (it was some time ago). The problem was that we were using  service (method) that returned nothing. We changed it that it returned back response and all was fine. I am not sure if they fixed this bug in the product, but this was work around that worked for us.

Vaidas
    Scott_Tindal
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks.  I've checked and I don't seem to have any calls that don't return anything, I've simplified some of the testcases down to one request, that returns a correct response if I run it individually, but the testcase still gives this error when I run it.  From the stack trace of the error, it looks like it is in a method run before starting the test (ProWsdlTestCaseDesktopPanel.beforeRun ).  As in your earlier post, I tried installing the open source version of soapUI, and am able to run the problem testcases without errors.  Not sure what is happening in the pro version that is causing this error.
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Scott,

this should be working in the upcoming nightly-build, please let us know otherwise.

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Scott_Tindal
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks, I downloaded the build from Apr 30 and it did resolve this issue.

Scott