Forum Discussion

Dominique
Occasional Contributor
16 years ago

SoapUI Pro TRIAL - how to continue DataSource entries when relaunching Test Step

Hello,
I am trying to do the following:
- A datasource test step reads the data from a grid (with multiple rows).
- A datasource loop links the mentioned datasource with a SOAP request.
- I launch the request one time, and when it's finished, I launch it a next time (no load test).

=> I expect that SoapUI first fills in the first value in the request and the next time fills in the second value (the value in the next row).

However, every time I relaunch the SOAP request, the same value is filled in in the request.

I have also tried this using a "DataGen" but this gives exactly the same behaviour.

Can anybody help?
Thanks
Dominique

2 Replies

Dominique
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello,
    I believe I have understood the current behaviour of Datasource and DataGen:

- When I use a Datasource containing different entries, all of them are read and when I launch the Test Case, the SOAP request test step is launched different times, each time having another value in the DataSource being filled in.
    - When I use a DataGen containing different, one of them is read (randomly or always the first entry).

=> I would like the DataGen to use a different value each time I launch the test case. Can anybody help me to do this?

Thanks
    Dominique
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

If what you need is for the value to be unique each time you run it, you can use the DataGen for this (See the userguide). You will need to be running one of the later nightly builds for this, as the option to persist series between runs was added quite recently. The nightly builds are available at: http://eviware.com/nightly-builds/, your existing trial license will work with the latest nightly build as well.

For a simple incrementing counter you can leave all fields empty, just make sure to check the "Persist" checkbox. Also you will need to save your project before exiting soapUI, or the counters current value will not persist. Good luck!

Regards,
    Dain
    eviware support