Forum Discussion

morciani
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

soapUI Pro memory / performance issue - newly created requests from new WSDL

Hello- I am experiencing a problem with soapUI Pro 3.5.  Here are the steps to recreate my issue:

1. File--> New soapUI Project--> import the new WSDL (from the URL, not the WSDL file itself, Create Sample Requests for all Operations is checked)
2.  The new WSDL imports successfully (I see the two operations and a request for each, as expected)
3.  Attempt to open / view one of these requests- soapUI Pro 3.5 hangs, CPU goes to 100%, available memory drops to almost nothing... the whole application melts down!

I do have a project that references the first version of my WSDL (with only one operation).  I can open requests and generally work with the WSDL without any issues using soapUI Pro 3.5.

I have tried Steps 1-3 above with soapUI 3.5 (non Pro version)- I DO NOT experience the issues described- both projects / WSDLs behave as expected.  I've tried Steps 1-3 with soapUI Pro 3.0.2 and soapUI Pro 3.0.1.  I DO experience the issue with these versions. 

From my perspective, there appears to be an issue in soapUI Pro (at least in the versions mentioned above) when I attempt to open / view requests that are associated with the new WSDL.  I am successful in creating / opening / viewing requests created from this exact same WSDL using soapUI 3.5 and other tools (Altova XML Spy).

Any advice / input in solving this problem is appreciated!  Please let me know if I can provide any additional information. 

Also, is there a forum / means of getting support specifically for soapUI Pro? (I am using a paid license).

-Mike

2 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Mike,

this sounds like an issue with the Form editor that is default in soapUI Pro when opening the request. Can you share the WSDL with us so we can try to reproduce? (send it to support@eviware.com)..

You should have received a login to these forums together with the license, this login will give you access to soapUI Pro related boards as well..

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    morciani
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Ole,

Thank you!  This is indeed an issue with opening requests in the 'Form' view of the editor.  I changed the setting:

File--> Preferences--> soapUI Pro tab--> changed 'Default Request Editor' and 'Default Response Editor' to 'Source'

Now I'm able to work with requests for the new WSDL.  Attached is the WSDL / schema (dumped from soapUI Pro via the 'Export Definition' option, in case you want to take a look or try and replicate this issue.  Thanks!

-Mike