Forum Discussion

stenofski
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

SoapUI 4.6.3 Template for an SOAP Request and Groovy Scripts

Heyho every one,

I'm searching for a way to improve the handling of soap requests a little bit. The development is changing the WSDL/request a certain times and I would like to put a full request with all soap parameters somewhere and then load it somehow as an template.

I guess this would help to apply the changes of the development team in just one place instead of put the change in every test I used? In addition to that I would like to do that with my Groovy scripts as well. They are frequently used for assertions or modify data/properties and every time I fix or change something within this script I need to adjust this as oft as I used it in every test case.

I´ve been searching for this for a while and used google and the board search function as well but I just found something about security testing which is probably not applicable for me.

I’m open for any suggestions
Regards
Sten

5 Replies

stenofski
    Occasional Contributor
    SiKing wrote:
    Creating a SOAP template is done in the endpoint definition. This will be useful only for creating new test steps, not for existing test steps.

Do you know how to archive that? It's probably usefull for me as well to do that.

SiKing wrote:
    For Groovy scripts, you would want to use the script library. http://www.soapui.org/Scripting-Propert ... pt-library

Dude? Thats SoapUI Pro
    PaulDonny
    Regular Contributor
    As for 'loading a template' the best option would be to write a groovy script that inputs your variables. Since the WSDLs are likely not changing that much, it should be able to build it correctly.

As for the script library, check out this thread
    stenofski
    Occasional Contributor
    PaulM
    Thanks buddy, I'll definitely have a look to it.

Anonymous Support
    As you said, it's SoapUI Pro. So I don't care about it.