Forum Discussion

rishi_t
New Contributor
8 years ago

Save/view request XML

Can I view the request XML with all the headers/authentication code etc. in it?

6 Replies

nmrao
    Champion Level 3
    Unclear, please elaborate what you are referring to ?
      rishi_t
      New Contributor

Sorry if my question was unclear.  I will try to make it more clear now.

Earlier I was using CURL to POST/GET, but recently our client have made some updation in their system and asked us to use SOAPUI for communication and provided us a .wsdl file. However in the sample XML which they provided, the soap:header was given empty. If I get a specimen as to how the soap:header to be coded to include the fuse and user credentials, I will be more than happy.

Recently, I tested XML communication using "SOAPUI" which of course does a good job.

Since I work in Linux and am more comfortable with CLI operation, I would like to know whether there is a command line facility using SOAPUI to POST an XML signal and get the result XML signal? My thought was that when we use soapui, it will produce an xml embedded with proper soap:header in it, but I was wrong and it was not in that way it works.

nmrao
        Champion Level 3
        Have you used testrunner.sh of SOAPUI_HOME/bin to execute the tests?

Do you have any assertions on the response to know if it fails or not?

It will record /log the request and response only in case of test failures.

If you run the test command line, there is a way to generate test result in junit style, but you need to write a ant's build script. Then you can use that the result to generate test reports in Html format.

All I wanted to convey here is that, in the result directory(which needs to passed to test runner or antscript), you should be able to see some .txt files with request and response where you will be able to find those details that you are looking for.

You can see the below thread
        http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6648244/how-to-integrate-soapui-with-jenkins-hudson

Hope this helps.