Forum Discussion

Nicolas0712
New Contributor
17 years ago

Problem with Shared DataSource

Hi,

I read about Sealight's problem with Shared Datasource ("Threads not starting with DataSource Loop", http://www.eviware.com/component/option ... 194#msg194)

and I am in a quite similar situation with SoapUI 1.7.6 Pro - but I have a different trouble :

when launching a Load Test with any number threads (1 or more ) and a Shared Excel Datasource, the following failure occurs on the datasource step :
"java.lang.Exception: Missing properties for DataSource"

If I turn off the 'Shared' parameter on the DataSource, or just run the Datasource step, the problem does not occur.

Any idea of the reason ?

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas.

4 Replies

omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

Thanks for your post, I'll try to reproduce and will get back to you!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi!

this is probably because the loadtest is running "out of data".. could you please try setting to 1 thread and the limit to 1 total run to see if that works?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
  • Hi Omatzura !

I ran the loadtest with 1 thread and 1 total run, there was no error.

With 2 threads (and 2 total runs) the error occurs.

My datasource contains 100 rows, I guess all rows are consumed on the first run and the error actually occurs on the second run - in addition, according to my server logs, all rows are consumed by the first thread.

Is there some setting that allows to share data rows between threads ? Is that a matter of delay or synch ?

Regards,

Nicolas.
    omatzura
    Super Contributor
    Hi Nicolas,

thanks.. this seems to have been a bug in the shared-datasource handling.. if you upgrade to the 2.0-beta2 version I can send you an updated jar for testing.. interested?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com