Forum Discussion

14 years ago

Merging conflicts in SVN

Hello,

We are using soapUI pro 3.2.1 in our company for testing our service. It is really great tool, but we have some problems when using it. I searched forum, but I haven't found answer or anyone complaining about our specific problem.

We have several people who needs to work on testcases in parallel. We've created composite soapUI project and we are managing it using SVN. We are using also "Print pretty project files" setting, but we discovered few issues with using soapUI and SVN anyway.

1. When you checkout project from SVN and import project xml file (I mean main project settings.xml), project doesn't load automatically. We have to set "Composite project" property to true and then reload/refresh project, select directory for testsuites and then project loads... As far as I know, the main project file settings.xml doesn't contain information, that it is composite project or normal project and I suppose default is normal so that's why...

2. Second problem we have is with SVN conflicts. soapUI generates some IDs for testcases even if we don't change anything in these testcases. Then we have a lot of conflicts when we are updating our project from SVN or commit to SVN. I don't know what that IDs are, but I haven't found setting to turn it off.

Do you have any ideas how we can solve this or how we can successfully manage to work on testcases on parallel? I tried also 3.6.2 SNAPSHOT version but also without luck.

SoapUI is really great tool and we have a lot of testcases which are automatically running on our servers after each commit (integration with bamboo build server, maven soapui plugin and so...).

Thank you in advance.

1 Reply

• We have had the same problems regarding SVN conflicts at our organization. We gave up on composite projects in SVN and went to standard projects. Each person works on a subset of tests in their own soap project and then projects just live next to each other like "ProjectA_1", "ProjectA_2", "ProjectA_3", etc.

In regards to your first issue, when you are opening a composite project in soapUI, you open the folder containing the project. Not the settings.xml file. So if the project name is "MyCompProject", there should be a folder named "MyCompProject", containing sub-folders for each TestSuite. In soapUI's file menu, choose "Open Composite Project" and then select the folder named "MyCompProject".