Forum Discussion

soapui_123's avatar
15 years ago

Junitreport - Errors while applying transformation

I tried to run the user-guide junitreport sample in SoapUITestCaseRunner page.
I am using soapui-2.5.1 (not pro version)

I first run below command with sample-soapui-project.xml come with soapui.

C:\Tools\soapui-2.5.1\bin\testrunner.bat -j -ftestresults  sample-soapui-project.xml

Then I created ant build script with below section of code


 
     
 

 



I got error:

C:\Tools\soapui-2.5.1\Tutorials>ant
Buildfile: build.xml
   
[junitreport] Processing C:\Tools\soapui-2.5.1\Tutorials\testresults\TESTS-TestS
uites.xml to C:\DOCUME~1\LOCALA~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\null964880917
[junitreport] Loading stylesheet jar:file:/C:/ant/lib/ant-junit.jar!/org/apache/
tools/ant/taskdefs/optional/junit/xsl/junit-frames.xsl
[junitreport] jar:file:/C:/ant/lib/ant-junit.jar!/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/
optional/junit/xsl/junit-frames.xsl:38: Fatal Error! Unknown extension instruction
[junitreport] Failed to process C:\Tools\soapui-2.5.1\Tutorials\testresults\TEST
S-TestSuites.xml

BUILD FAILED
C:\Tools\soapui-2.5.1\Tutorials\build.xml:33: Errors while applying transformati
ons: Fatal error during transformation

Does anyone know the reason why I got this error.

The ant version I am using is Ant 1.7.1.
I think that xslt version junit-frames.xsl in ant-junit.jar is 1.0.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thanks,
Li

2 Replies

  • SmartBear_Suppo's avatar
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Li,


    FYI, this problem is not specific to soapUI.

    My guess is that the problem is caused by the mismatching XSLT version supported by Ant JUnit plugin (which contains XSLT files that are XSTL 1.0, as you correctly noted) and XSLT processor (supporting XSLT version 2.0). My guess #2 is that you have the newer XSLT processor (like Saxon) somewhere in classpath so that it's loaded before some other XSLT processor (like Xalan which implements XSLT v1.0). For further troubleshooting I would suggest googing it out.

    Good luck!


    Cheers!
    /Nenad Nikolic a.k.a. Shonzilla
  • barsand's avatar
    barsand
    New Contributor
    looks like this issue has been resolved in the later versions of the program. I was able to run the testrunner with no errors:

    testrunner.bat -j -ftestresults "c:\work\tests\SmokeTest--DIT-soapui-project.xml"

    After execution I've got the main report.xml file and a bunch of other files associated to the test suites and failed test cases from my project.