Forum Discussion

nmizar
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Getting started misleading direction

Hi,

I have been trying to follow the "Getting started" guide. Its first item reads as follows:

[tt:3752ulqk]Right click on the workspace node in the left navigation pane and select "New WSDL Project"[/tt:3752ulqk]

Nevertheless, the "New WSDL Project" option does not exist! (at least on my newly installed soapui 3.0). Instead, there is a "New SOAP UI Projects", which should be fine except that it requires an actual wsdl file instead of a name to save the new project, as the guide states: 

[tt:3752ulqk]You will be prompted for a project name and then for a local file where the project should be saved[/tt:3752ulqk]

So, besides pointing out this misleading direction, I was wondering wether that possibility (creating a new wsdl project without importing an existing one) was still available.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

nmizar
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello again,

I might have misinterpreted the "Getting started" directions: the "New SOAP UI project" action displays a dialog for naming the project. Below that text field, ther appears another one labelled "Initial WSDL...". Being a newbie  , I thought that was the place and name for my new project file, which is not the case. Leaving that (Initial wsdl...) field blank allows creating a new project w/o an existing wsdl file.

My apologies,

Nacho

P.S. Nevertheless, this not was explicitly said in the guide...
    nmizar
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello again,

This is a post for suggesting a revision of the currenty available "Getting started", as it includes a number of errata, which hamper the advance of newbies (like me! ). Let me show some examples:

• Right click on the workspace node in the left navigation pane and select [s:2vkfsusy]"New WSDL Project"[/s:2vkfsusy] (should read New SOAP UI Project (already posted by myself)

• You will be prompted for a project name and[s:2vkfsusy]then for a local file[/s:2vkfsusy] where the project should be saved (you are not exactly prompted and, anyway, not for a file name or location)

• Right click on the project node and select "Add WSDL [s:2vkfsusy]from URL[/s:2vkfsusy]". Furthermore, it won't add it from an URL: you better download the wsdl file to a local directory and then add it to your new project

• You will be prompted for the URL to the Interfaces WSDL. I haven't seen any such thing...

Well, I didn't want to be too verbose, but I think there is a need for a corrected starting guide (to add to my point, you can check out the version numbers on the images illustrating the guide.)

Thanks in advance and cheers,

Nacho
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

thanks for your suggestions .
    In fact new site is under constructions and these errors will be solved.

regards
    Nebojsa
    eviware.com