Forum Discussion

parwezwahid
New Contributor
11 years ago

Error loading WSDL in 4.6.4

I can load a wsdl using 4.0.1 into a new project. Trying the exact same steps in 4.6.4 results in an error that reads:

"Error loading [https://orion-mao-testrhapgw1v:9001/services/XDR_Public?wsdl]: org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching orion-mao-testrhapgw1v found"

Again it works in 4.0.1, but not in 4.6.4.

6 Replies

• Hello,

Try going into File>Preferences>Proxy Settings and fill in the credentials. If you can get to the webservice through IE, you should be able to use the automatic option in Proxy Settings. Let me know if you have further issues.

Regards,
    Temil
  • FOLLOW UP QUESTION

In 4.0.1 the proxy setting dialog box has a check box for "enable using proxy" that is checked on.

In 4.6.4 there is no such check box, but the Automatic button is selected. Does "Automatic" serve the same purpose as "enable using proxy"?
  • I'm having a similar issue since upgrading to 4.6.4. The hostname of the site hosting the WSDL is a.b.com.au whereas the server certificate is *.b.com.au, so technically it does not match and browsers complain, etc. but prior to SoapUI 4.6.4 it did not care about this mismatch. As of 4.6.4 I can no longer update the definition of my service and receive an InvalidDefinitionException in SoapUI and in the error log I see the following:

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching a.b.c.com.au found.

Is there any way to get this to work, or am I going to have to download the WSDL outside of SoapUI and then update from the saved file?

Regards,

Dave
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

@parwezwahid,

The "Automatic" proxy setting will follow the proxy configuration you have in your Internet Options. If none, then it will not configure anything additional, so SoapUI will work without going through a proxy. If you have a proxy configured/enabled, SoapUI will detect and use it.

@dbonnell,

SoapUI 4.6.4 is more strict in the way it will load a WSDL. If you have browsers complaining of the mismatch, it is likely that SoapUI is not loading the WSDL for the same reason.

Regards,

Giscard
    SmartBear Support
  • @Giscard/ SmartBear Support
    Is there a way to tell soapui not to be strict about this. with the browser I get an option to proceed to the page even if the cert does not match. However, I don't see a way to do that in SoapUI.

I have a windows server that I can access internally & is also available externally.

If I give SOAPUI the machine name, FQDN internal name I get the following error
    "org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: java.security.cert.CertificateException: No subject alternative DNS name matching <servername> found"

If I give SOAPUI the external name (for which I made a host file entry) I get the following
    "org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake"