Forum Discussion

novice
New Contributor
13 years ago

Error: Dispatch Exception: Failed to find MockResponse

Hi All,

I am trying a one way and notification message type in SoapUI. I am sending this request to mock server where I am using Dispatch script, whose job is to copy sender id and correlation id from the request message to response message before sending it back. Now the problem is when I do not use dispatch script then it is working fine i.e no error and I see the response back. But when I use dispatch script then I get following error:

ERROR:com.eiware.soapui.impl.wsdl.mock.DisptachException: Failed to find MockResponse.

I don't have any clue why it can't find MockResponse?
Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Novice.

1 Reply

novice
    New Contributor
    Hi All,

Just now I observe something which goes like this -

I have one sync service request with request Id and correlation Id. Now to track this request and its corresponding response I want this correlation Id to be copied in my response for this request. I succeeded with the help of dispatch script which I am using as dispatch mechanism for my mock response.
    where my mockservice look like this:

MockService
    |->"ServiceName"
    \>"Response 1" (my response.xml)

Now I again wanted to achieve the same but with different sync service. This time my mockservice look like this:

MockService
    |->"ServiceName"
    \>"MockResponse" (my response.xml)

result is the " Error: Dispatch Exception: Failed to find MockResponse " in the response.

After analyzing, I rename the response xml to "Response 1" and then to my surprise it WORKED !!!

As I am using soapui-4.0.1, I don't understand this behavior? Is it a bug? or something else. If possible could you please explain this?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
    Ashish