Forum Discussion

suguna
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Custom Soap Header using Soap UI

I am developing WCF service using Asp.net with C#. I want to read the soap header value which is added in the bottom of the soap ui. While adding the header in the bottom it is not added in the above xml request. By using top xml request class I can able to read the soap header value through the soap extras class. But while generating the header in the bottom it is not added in the XML and I am not able to read the header. Can you suggest me the solution.

4 Replies

kondasamy
    Regular Contributor

Hi Suguna,

I assume that your problem is - in the SOAP/ WCF request you are sending, you could not able to see the headers added to the Headers inspector at the bottom of the XML editor. Could you please try adding a HEADER parameter in the WSDL/ WADL and then try hitting the service. Its just an alternative!

Please correct if I have misunderstood your problem. Also, it would be more helpfull if you share some screenshots/ sample raw request, to investigate further.

Thanks,

Samy

suguna
      Occasional Contributor

I have added as wsdl and I sucessfully tested all my method give in my application. All are working fine, I have added soap header in xml and I sucessfully read the header value and my response also works fine.

Now, If I want to add header value in the bottomof the soap UI can I able to read in the ASP .net wcf application.

Kindly give me the solution to find the way to read the custom header value which is given in the bottom of the soap ui.

kondasamy
        Regular Contributor

Even if you give cutom headers for a request in SoapUI, it would be evaluated and sent as the usual HTTP headers. So, if I am correct you should be able to read even the custom headers with the procedure followed for reading the usual HTTP headers. Please let me know how you are differentiating the headers?

Again, please share some screenshots/ sample raw request, so that we can assist you better!

Thanks,

Samy