Forum Discussion

alexmj
New Contributor
10 years ago

What is the difference between SoapUI, SoapUI Pro, SoapUI NG, SoapUI NG Pro and ReadyAPI.

Please help me to make clear about the difference between SoapUI, SoapUI Pro, SoapUI NG, SoapUI NG Pro and ReadyAPI. Previously it was just open source version (SoapUI) and paid version (SoapUI Pro). Very easy to understand. Now I got really confused. Please someone explain the difference between all the mentioned versions.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi, 

Let me start with Ready! API.

Ready! API is a platform that includes many tools for API testing, such as SoapUI NG, LoadUI NG, Secure and ServiceV. There is no standalone SoapUI NG/SoapUI NG Pro, it goes as part of Ready! API.

Each of these tools except Secure have Pro versions. The difference between Pro and not-Pro versions is like the difference between SoapUI Free and SoapUI Pro: a Pro version provides more features, creating tests are simpler in Pro, etc.

I hope this clarifies the changes. Let me know if you have more questions.

alexmj
      New Contributor

Hi Tanya,

You mentioned that except Secure is having Pro verrsions. So can I download Ready! API which is having only non-pro versions of SoapUI NG, ServiceV,LoadUI NG.

Thanks

Alex

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Alex,

One of the Ready! API tools should be Pro. For example, if you have SoapNG Pro, LoadUI NG and ServiceV will be available for you.

As far as I understand, you have a license for SoapUI Pro, right? In this case, it should work for Ready! API’s SoapUI NG Pro as well.