Forum Discussion

dilawar
Occasional Contributor
9 months ago

The API works fine on ReadyAPI, but on the website, the API doesn't work properly

I hope you're doing well. I have successfully implemented SOAP XML in ReadyAPI, and it's functioning properly. However, I'm encountering an issue with Postman. This problem might be related to headers. Could you kindly provide some guidance on this matter? In fact, if the API works in Postman, it could potentially help resolve the issues on my website.

8 Replies

• Good morning, dilawar. Have you tried accessing the API via SwaggerHub Explore? This is SmartBear's new cloud-based API testing tool. If Explore appears to have the same issue as Postman, then I could help you troubleshoot it. 

KarelHusa
    Champion Level 3

dilawar,

you need to make sure you fill the HTTP headers as expected by your server-side:

• Content-Type: specifying the type of data you send within the request body
    • SOAPAction: the operation identification

An example is:

Content-Type: text/xml;charset=UTF-8
    SOAPAction: "http://tempuri.org/IConnectPoint_Reservation/GetReservationsByNationalId"

The API tools may fill these headers differently, e.g. Postman using "application/xml" instead of "text/xml". ReadyAPI made the best job to match to your API here.

dilawar
    Occasional Contributor

Hello there,

Could you please assist us? I am currently in the process of applying the AirSerene API, which seems to be functioning correctly. However, when I attempt to use the same API in Postman, I encounter an error. I am aiming to integrate the AirSerene API into my website, but unfortunately, it is not functioning as expected. My assumption was that if the API works in Postman, it should also work on my website. Your guidance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

dilawar
    Occasional Contributor

Dear SmartBear Team,

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this issue.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

nmrao
    Champion Level 3

You said API is working in ReadyAPI.

If it is SOAP, then I don't expect it work in Swagger as it deals with REST services.

In general, you can go to the raw tab and ensure all the data and header and authentication, if applicable, is supplied in Postman. By the way, Postman mostly used for REST, and you should check if it supports for SOAP messages.

For Postman specific issues, the appropriate forum should be approached.

dilawar
      Occasional Contributor

Yes, it supports SOAP API. For your information, the first, second, and third APIs work fine. However, there is an issue with the fourth API. For example, when we send the request for the first API, we receive a token. We then pass this token in the second step, and again in the third step. However, in the fourth step, an issue arises. can you check this video please.

ā€ƒā€ƒ