Forum Discussion

jklapste
Contributor
13 years ago

TestCase TestDown script and Run TestCase TestStep return

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request change but feels like a bug:

When you call a TestCase from your current TestCase (via 'Run TestCase') and have it return properties from that TestCase it looks like the property return happens after the TearDown Script of the called TestCase is executed-- which doesn't seem to make sense as it prevents you from returning any properties that are then "cleaned up" by the TearDown script. It seems like the props should be returned and then the TearDown script should be called.

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

hmm.. good point - I can see valid scenarios for both situations - I'll add a feature request for making this an option for now...

regards!

/Ole
    SmartBear Software
  • Hi, and thanks for putting in the request.

I had originally too thought that both cases were valid, but given that you can run a test step script as the last test step you don't really need to make it an option, thus leaving the tear down step as the very last thing that happens.

But either way
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

hehe.. you're absolutely right about that - I was thinking that we just don't want to break any existing projects.

regards!

/Ole
    SmartBear Software
  • Right, backwards compatibility

Hmmmm.. yeah, anyone that is using tear down to set props for a test step call return would break. Yeah, might need to be an preference setting.