Forum Discussion

jorgebarrera
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago

Tabbed Desktop not working

I have selected "Tabeed desktop" in Preferences | UI | Workspace type, but I do not see any tabs. This used to work on SoapUI pro.

Am I missing something? "Tabbed desktop" shows the same as "Single panel". I am running Windows 10 in case that makes a difference.

3 Replies

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jorgebarrera,

Everything is ok on my Windows 10 computer with Ready! API 1.4.1. Can you check if this option doesn’t work in this product version in your case?

jorgebarrera
      Occasional Contributor

This has also been confirmed by a co worker on Windows 7. They actually uninstalled ReadyAPI and reinsatlled SoapUI because this issue makes ReadyAPI practiaclly unusable for our team.

The situation is like this-

If you open a project and are on the main page (not selecting SOAPUI NG button), you see the tree on the left (like SoapUI), and all the services, requests etc. If you open one of the requests, the request shows in the content area with NO TABS. There are no tabs in this content area. For example,

- 1. open a soap service to login for example

- 2. open a soap service to use a value from 1 above

- 3. I want to run the request I opened in 1 above. There is no tab to select it. I have to find it agin in the tree on the left, or click the back arrow at the top left to go back until I find the request / response I need to copy data from. So I found it, copied the data.

- 4. Now I have to find my way back to the request in step 2. Same issue. I have to find it in the tree or page click forward/back until I find the correct request to copy a value to.

If you have to copy values from multiple other soap responses, this process becomes unusable. This was not the case with SoapUI. It would tab all of these calls, and you could easily switch between them to copy data, etc. Also, in SoapUI there was a menu option that showed your open requests. this also is gone in Ready API.

I did see that if you click on the SoapUI NG button, you can see your test cases, and these are tabbed, and work as expected. However, this is only for test cases. It does not seem that you can do ad hoc calls from the left tree -- only test cases.

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jorgebarrera,

Thanks for the clarification. Now, I better got what you are talking about. I suppose the behavior you describe is expected. You can open several tabs when switching into SoapUI NG from where you run tests. Projects are oriented to prepare your tests so that you can easily call them from SoapUI or LoadUI.

Anyway, I would recommend that you create a product feature improvement to add tabs to Projects here. Ready! API's Product Owner monitors this forum on a regular basic. So, this suggestion can be implemented in our of future product versions.