Forum Discussion

Sandor_Brinkman
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

[SOLVED]JMS endpoint pattern

Hi,

I would like to fire some JMS messages to a WLS queue "FSUFHL/REQUEST/QUEUE" (queue name is FSUFHL/REQUEST/QUEUE).
The problem is if I create an JMS endpoint in soapUI then the endpoint is the following:

jms://VC20_WebLogic9.2/queue_FSUFHL/REQUEST/QUEUE

And this doesn’t match the JMS endpoint patterns. I get the following error message:

"...Bad jms alias! For JMS please use this endpoint pattern..."

Do you have any solutions or workarounds for this issue?
I´m not able to change the queue name.

Thanks and regards
Arpad

6 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi ,

thanks for your interest in SoapUI JMS support.

Problem with this kind of queue names is solved in our SoapUI 3.5 beta 2 release.
    So , you can download it here http://www.eviware.com/index.php?option ... &Itemid=57

This installer goes with new version of HermesJMS 1.14 and we strongly suggest you to install it again.
    Also make sure that in Preferences -> Tools HermesJMS is pointing to this newly installed Hermes JMS.

Hope this helps

Regards Nebojsa
    eviware.com
    Sandor_Brinkman
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Thanks for your hint.
    I have downloaded the beta 2 version and I am using the following JMS endpoint now:

jms://VC20_WebLogic9.2::queue_FSUFHL/REQUEST/QUEUE

But I get the following JMS Status Error message in soapUI if I try to send a message to the given queue:

-> hermes.JNDIConnectionFactory cannot be cast to jms.QueueConnectionFactory.

Hermes is working fine so far.

Best Regards
    Arpad
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

can you please look into error log , and copy paste it here

Regards
    Nebojsa
    eviware.com
    Sandor_Brinkman
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

PFA the error log entry:

Tue Feb 09 13:38:29 CET 2010:ERROR:java.lang.ClassCastException: hermes.JNDIConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory
      java.lang.ClassCastException: hermes.JNDIConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.JMSConnectionHolder.(JMSConnectionHolder.java:84)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.HermesJmsRequestSendTransport.execute(HermesJmsRequestSendTransport.java:34)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.HermesJmsRequestTransport.sendRequest(HermesJmsRequestTransport.java:99)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.run(WsdlSubmit.java:122)
      at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Tue Feb 09 13:38:29 CET 2010:ERROR:javax.jms.JMSException: hermes.JNDIConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory
      javax.jms.JMSException: hermes.JNDIConnectionFactory cannot be cast to javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.JMSConnectionHolder.(JMSConnectionHolder.java:101)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.HermesJmsRequestSendTransport.execute(HermesJmsRequestSendTransport.java:34)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.submit.transports.jms.HermesJmsRequestTransport.sendRequest(HermesJmsRequestTransport.java:99)
      at com.eviware.soapui.impl.wsdl.WsdlSubmit.run(WsdlSubmit.java:122)
      at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
      at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
      at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks and regards
    Arpad