Forum Discussion

redfish4ktc2
Super Contributor
11 years ago

SoapUI Version 5.1 is only for PRO?

hi,
relay post from a user which has no rights to post on the pro forums, see viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24777
I have noticed that the soapui maven repository already contain open source artifacts. Do you plan to publish new release on sourceforge?

Thanks in advance for your answer
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    Hi, thanks for your answer.
    I would like to know if you plan to release the Free/Open source 5.1 version as SmartBear has done in the past
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

SoapUI Open Source will remain available. However, in an effort to focus our development efforts, we will not be making frequent releases to that repository moving forward. We believe that SoapUI 5.0 provides robust functionality for both REST and SOAP testing, so we intend to keep it available for our OS community. So there is no set time frame for the next release for open source SoapUI as of now.

Thanks,
    Jeshtha
    redfish4ktc2
    Super Contributor
    Hi SmartBear Support,
    thanks for the clarification.
    I have also seen that notification in SoapUI and the release notes file explictly say that 5.1.1 is only available in PRO version. This should be less confusing for OSS users, see viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24998
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi,

The open source version notifications of Pro only releases have been reported to the development team and they are aware of it. In the mean time, please read the updates and check if they are pro only releases.

Regards,
    Marcus
    SmartBear Support