Forum Discussion

BMitchell
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

SoapUI Thread Limits?

Hi,

I am running a simple load test on SoapUI Pro on RHEL 6.2. I've noticed if I set the number of threads to any higher than 200, no new threads are created from the OS point of view. It seems there are 35-40 SoapUI threads created at startup but then no more than 200 load test threads can be created. Do you know why this would be occurring? I have Max Connections Per Host set to 1000 and Max Total Hosts set to 2000. Please let me know if there are any other relevant settings.

Thanks!

5 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

What settings are you using when running the SoapUI load test? Theads, Strategy, Test Delay, Limit, and so on?
    Do you get any errors in the SoapUI log or error log in the bottom tab of the main window?

--
    Regards

Erik
    SmartBear Sweden
    BMitchell
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks Erik.
    The type of my load test is Simple. I start the test with 300 threads, limit 600 seconds, test delay 50, random 0.0. No errors are reported but the process seems to never use more than 240 threads. Thanks again
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

I was not able to recreate your issue. Can you please close SoapUI reopen it and see if you receive the same behavior? If so please take screen shots and send us your project. I suggest you do this by opening a ticket on the link below, this way we can investigate and see if we can reproduce this. Thanks.

http://www.soapui.org/Support/support-overview.html

Regards,
    Temil
    BMitchell
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks Temil. I tried it again but it's still in the same place. Just to be clear, the SoapUI GUI appears to show 300 threads running but when I check on the command line that's not the case:

[oracle@tgen01 ~]$ ps -ef | grep soapui
    oracle 20809 2775 0 19:59 pts/0 00:00:00 /bin/sh ./soapui-pro.sh
    oracle 20813 20809 41 19:59 pts/0 00:46:20 /home/oracle/SmartBear/SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4/jre/bin/java -Xms3072m -Xmx3072m -XX:PermSize=512m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Dsoapui.properties=soapui.properties -Dgroovy.source.encoding=iso-8859-1 -Dsoapui.home=/home/oracle/SmartBear/SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4/bin -splash:soapui-pro-splash.png -Dsoapui.ext.libraries=/home/oracle/SmartBear/SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4/bin/ext -Dsoapui.ext.listeners=/home/oracle/SmartBear/SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4/bin/listeners -Dsoapui.ext.actions=/home/oracle/SmartBear/SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4/bin/actions -Djava.library.path=/home/oracle/SmartBear/SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4/bin -Dwsi.dir=/home/oracle/SmartBear/SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4/wsi-test-tools -cp /home/oracle/SmartBear/SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4/bin/soapui-pro-4.6.4.jar:/home/oracle/SmartBear/SoapUI-Pro-4.6.4/lib/* com.eviware.soapui.SoapUIPro
    oracle 23350 22919 0 21:50 pts/7 00:00:00 grep soapui
    [oracle@tgen01 ~]$ ps uH p 20813 | wc -l

Thanks