Forum Discussion

Sage_Software_I
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

SOAPUI HTTP Authentication problem

Hi,

I have a problem with authenticating username and password on a authentication prompt on a WDSL page.

I have tried changing authentication type to preemptive, inputting the correct username/password, and looking through different forums about this situation.

I am trying to get through the authentication prompt to do get a response from a WSDL website to get some data.

It would be great if you could assist me on this problem, I can provide more information but limited.

Thank you,
Fenco Law

9 Replies

Sage_Software_I
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    I am not sure why my credentials are not being entered into the prompt box. Below are some images of what I have done and what I mean.

Here is the error I get when I try to get a request:

What I have tried is creating credentials on request level, test case level, and interface level:

Request Level

Test Case Level

Interface Level: I have tried using override mode and password text

What the authentication prompt looks like on my browser

Thanks,
    Fenco
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi!

What version of SoapUI Pro are you using?
    We have made some improvements regarding this in the latest version, 4.6.4, please try it if you haven't already.
    Also, have to tried setting the credentials in the Aut/Auth tab in the bottom left tab in the request view?

--
    Regards

Erik
    SmartBear Sweden
    Sage_Software_I
    Occasional Contributor
    I am using SOAPUI PRO 4.6.4. I have tried using Authentication tab in the bottom left tab of request view as well.

Thanks,
    Fenco
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hello,

Are you able to successfully go through the Authentication in the web browser? Can you please double check. I also suggest that you go into Preferences>Proxy Settings and make sure that you have the correct credentials under the Proxy Settings, you can also use the Automatic option which will pick up what you have configured as default on your machine.

Regards,
    Temil Sanchez
    Sage_Software_I
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    I am able to go through the authentication using the web browser, but not through SOAPUI. I have proxy settings as automatic, I will try to create a manual proxy.

Thanks,
    Fenco
    Sage_Software_I
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,
    For now, I have set it to automatic and entered my user/password and it still does not let me go through. I will get the proxy information from my teammates in about 10~20 minutes.

Thanks,
    Fenco
    Sage_Software_I
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

The manual authentication did not work. Do you have any other ideas on the authentication?

Thanks,
    Fenco