Forum Discussion

babbudha
New Contributor
12 years ago

[Resolved] Loosing inserted data changing from Form to XML

Hi
I have this annoying problem with two of our services that I am testing in SoapUI Pro. I am using the default request generated during import of wsdl. Fill up almost 100 parameters with values (in this case manually writing the parameters and not imported from a data source) and save the project. As soon as I send the request or change from "Form" view to "XML" so most of the data that I have written in the request just disappear.
I have this problem only for two of our currently 12 services and only when I am using stand alone SoapUI Pro.
When I am importing the same project in Eclipse free version of SoapUI plugin so everything is fine :-(
Is anybody out there who has experienced the same problem with SoapUI Pro.
Stand alone SaopUI Pro version: 4.5.1
Free SoapUI Eclipse plugin: 4.0.1

5 Replies

RJanecek
    Regular Contributor
    One month and still no answer from support ? I see that nothing changed and supports are still very inactive
  • Sorry about the late response, Can you please try with a couple and see if it disappears(Just curiousplease let us know). Also can you attach the project so that we can test this. Thanks.
    babbudha
    New Contributor
    Hi
    The problem was solved long ago and the root cause, in our case, was our WSDL:s and XML schemas.
    I have been using SoapUI-Pro now in 3-4 months and impressed by lots of features that I have found out in the tool, like indesign Groovy, property transfers, loadtests, Jasper reporting etc.
    However the support of the tool is well .... :-)
    Thanks anyway.
    mpritchard
    Occasional Visitor

I encountered the same problem.

I notice our WSDL (generated from .net) contains a namespace that is associated with 13 different prefixes. The elements missing in the xml happened to be elements using these duplicate namespaces. As a quick test I edited the wsdl and changed the elements namespace prefix to the last of one defined, then retested in soap ui and the elements then were kept in the xml view. I think soap ui may have a limit on how many times a namespace can be assigned a different prefix.

I think our WSDL should have a better definition. However the developers are beholden to .Net and I doubt Microsoft will be making improvements soon. So it would be helpful if SOAP UI could handle the condition.