Forum Discussion

MSkog
Staff
12 years ago

[RES] Problems starting LoadUI on Windows Server 2008?

Hi!

LoadUI currently have startup issues on Windows Server 2008 (Windows NT 6.X). There is a workaround for the issue that fixes the startup problems.

To make LoadUI work on Windows Server 2008 (Windows NT 6.X) you have to install the "Desktop Experience" (aka Aero) Windows feature.

How to install the "Desktop Experience" feature is described in this article: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc742809.aspx
Once it is installed you should be able to launch LoadUI.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Please get back to us if you find that this workaround does not work.

Max
SmartBear Software

8 Replies

Wardisan
    New Contributor
    This is a workaround but not an acceptable solution.

You are forced to use Windows server 2008 features that in some cases are not preferred/wanted. If you use this in a larger environment on Terminal servers you don't want to change your feature set just to run an application.

When will this bug be fixed?
  • I completely agree with you. This workaround should not be a permanent solution for this issue.

We are currently looking in to a possible solution for this. In the process we found out the LoadUI seems to work even if you uninstall "Desktop Experience". This is quite unexpected. If anyone that are using the workaround want to confirm that LoadUI works even after uninstalling "Desktop Experience", please do.

Thanks,

Max
    SmartBear Software
    Wardisan
    New Contributor
    Dear Max,
    I removed the feature "Desktop Experience" and LoadUI 2.5.3 did still work.
    I must agree this is rather strange.

Kind regards,
    Andi
    Wardisan
    New Contributor
    Hi,
    Just tried installing LoadUI 2.5.5 and unfortunately still the same issue.
    Do you have any estimate when or if this issue will get fixed?

Kind regards,
    Andi
  • Thanks for the feedback Andi.

This issue is an bug in the JavaFX framework itself, which is developed by Oracle, and there is nothing we currently can do to fix it. Oracle has already fixed the issue and is scheduled to be released with Java 8. Unfortunately the only thing we can do is to wait for Java 8 or until Oracle has backported the fix to the current JavaFX release.

Hopefully the workaround will not cause too much of an inconvenience until this is fixed.

Regards,
    Max
  • thank you!!!!

Finding this post has solved my issue. I can now upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.6.1
    vineet131
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi
    I am using LoadUI Pro 2.6.3 version on my laptop with Windows XP Professional 2002 service pack 3, It is also taking minimum 10 minutes to start up.

The same given workaround will work on my issue too ?

Thanks,

Vineet Kumar