Forum Discussion

msandoval
Occasional Contributor
7 months ago

ReadyAPI test for Azure DevOps doesn't output log information on the fly

ReadyAPI test for Azure DevOps doesn't output log information on the fly, we have to wait minutes to get information

We are trying two approaches to see which one fits our needs. Initially we had a CMD step with the following to execute our test:

-f$(Common.TestResultsDirectory) "-RJUnit-Style HTML Report" -FXML "-ECI-Pipeline" "-TTestSuite Integration" "-TTestCase Integration" $(Build.SourcesDirectory) -email $(ReadyAPI.User) -password $(ReadyAPI.Pass)

Then we tried the ReadyAPI step from Azure Marketplace but it's too long to start sending log information, is this expected? How long it should take for that step to give log information?

2 Replies

richie
    Community Hero
    Hey msandoval,

What sort of logs are you talking about?

Are you talking about actual DevOps logging or Azure Portal logging?

Our DevOps can take a minute at most for it's logging but the Azure Portal logging can take a little longer.

How complex is your Azure system architecture?

The current Azure system i'm working on is a fairly basic legacy monolithic on prem client/server replacement which decouples the single thick client legacy app into a front and separate back end (with associated databases) and all messaging between the front and back end is handled by an Azure Service Bus. So....pretty basic technical archicture!

Still....it can take up to 5mins for say AppConsoleLogs or Service Bus logs to reflect a change (e.g. a message hitting a topic).

Apologies....i may have gone off at a tangent, but wasn't quite sure if you actually meant DevOps logging or Azure Portal (Service Bus, SQL DBs, noSQL (cosmos) DBs, virtual machines, Blob storage, Kubernetes services, etc. logging)

Cheers,

Rich
      msandoval
      Occasional Contributor

Hi richie

there's an image attached to this post, where you can see what I'm talking about, almost 10 minutes have already passed and I'm not getting any information on the logs, I get them (I think) when the job is finished, which doesn't help at this moment