Forum Discussion

jzhao
Occasional Contributor
11 years ago

Ramp/Ramp Seq generators

Hi,

When using the ramp or ramp sequence generator, how do we control the total length of the test run in the VU? The ramp generator has the period setting that seems to control the length of the test. How it works with the total length of the run limit from the project level? If the run limit changes, say from 1 hour to 10 hours, do I have to go to individual VUS to change the period setting for the ramp generator? Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John

4 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    When you say VUs, are you referring to Virtual User Scenarios?

Henrik O
    SmartBear Software
    jzhao
    Occasional Contributor
    Yes, that is what I mean. How do you control the test length between the project level limit and ramp generator period?

Thanks
    John
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    I'm sorry but that's the only way I can think of if you're using this component... the settings for the Ramp Generator are completely independent of the time-limit set for the test run.

Notice, however, that LoadUI components can be created/modified by users. Check our documentation:

http://loadui.org/Developers-Corner/cus ... e-new.html

Regards,

Renato
    SmartBear Software
    Sbalyan
    Occasional Contributor
    I have similar doubt. My assumption was that ramp sequence would run in a loop. But instead it shuts down the testing after Ramp Duration has been achieved.