Forum Discussion

goliontus
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

Out of Memory

Hi

I am having issues with memory usage by SOAP UI NG Pro (Ready! API). I have been through all the topics I could find and have made all the necessary and suggested changes, but still over time the memory usage increases until eventually it

runs of out memory.

Let me be clear, I don't mind losing any audit trail or logs or anything, as long as my entire TestSuite can execute without running out of memory.

This is what I have done already, with screenshots attached.

Please assist.

1. In C:\Program Files\SmartBear\ReadyAPI-1.9.0\bin\ready-api.bat I have set the following. I am not even sure if one can allocate more than 8GB to Java, but I went all out and tried 16GB.

rem uncomment to override memory limit
set READY_XMX=16384m

2. On TestSuite Level, I have updated the Log Option for the Transaction Log to Disable logging.

3. On each TestCase Level, I have set 'Discard Successful Results' and Max Results: to 0.

3 Replies

goliontus
      Occasional Contributor

I logged a support request to Smartbear.

The issue is that the option is to discard all successful test steps. I did not have validations on my REST services so the responses were not marked as successful and therefore kept in memory and not discarded.

I have implemented the changes. It looks good so far, but I still need to do more tests.

Thanks

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thanks for sharing your solution with us!

I believe it will help many users in the future.