Forum Discussion

Scott_Calhoun
Occasional Contributor
14 years ago

Need assistance in sending uncached attachments

Greetings,

I am running SoapUI 3.5.1 and, due to resource limitations (I think), I cannot create request messages for my Web Service with cached attachments greater in size than around 200MB. To avoid this issue, I am attempting to attach files to requests, without caching them. However, when I do this, the attached file is not sent.

If the file can be and is cached, it will be sent, with no issues. If the attachment is not cached, it will not be sent with the message.

I have seen several issues on this board that are similar, and I have tried the following from those posts:

Enable MTOM support
Enable Inline Files (I don't know if this is relevant)
Including the file path in the message in the following format: file:C:/<path to file dir>/<file name>

I expect that I am missing something simple, but I don't know what.

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Regards,

Scott Calhoun

7 Replies

SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Hi Scott,

hmm.. what if you add the file as an attachment but answer no to the question if it should be cached? Does this simply not work?

Also, which version/build are you using?

regards!

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Scott_Calhoun
    Occasional Contributor
    Hello, Ole,

Thanks for your response.

The version of SoapUI I am using is: 3.5.1, Build dist-97-2010-04-12, Build Date 2010/04/12/09:51

What you describe is precisely what I have done. If I attach the file and select "No" to caching the file, it appears that the file is attached, in the "Attachments" tab of the Message. However, when I send the message, the attachment is not included in the message.

Regards,

Scott
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi,

ok.. can you give a go at the 3.6 beta2 release from yesterday, It seems to work ok with that version.. let me know!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Scott_Calhoun
    Occasional Contributor
    Greetings,

After installing the latest nightly build of SoapUI 3.6, beta2, I repeated the test and the result was the same: the message was sent without the attachment.

I saw this line in the soapui.log file:

"2010-08-04 13:34:03,421 WARN [SoapUI] Failed to process inline/MTOM attachments; java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0"

What am I missing?

Regards,

Scott
    SmartBear_Suppo
    Hi!

hmm.. can you share your project with us so I can see your exact setup? Either attach it here or mail it to support@eviware.com..

Thanks in advance!

regards,

/Ole
    eviware.com
    Scott_Calhoun
    Occasional Contributor
    Greetings,

I have sent the project in question to the email link you provided, along with a short explanation as to how I was testing the project.

Regards,

Scott
    Scott_Calhoun
    Occasional Contributor
    Greetings,

With the latest SoapUI nightly release (3.6-Beta 2, 8/11/2010), I have been able to send sample files of 360MB and 2GB in size, and the files do not need to be cached in the project, which solves my problem.

In case it helps, in the "TestRequest Properties" tab for each test, I had set "Enable MTOM" and "Enable Inline Files" to "true", with all other parameters at their default settings. Also, in the SoapUI Preferences menu item, on the "HTTP Settings" tab, I set the "Chunking Threshold" parameter to "1000000" and the "Scoket Timeout" to "600000" (which was probably much higher than necessary). Otherwise, all other perameters were at the default settings.

Thanks to Ole for the work done to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Scott Calhoun