Forum Discussion

ccdssv1
Contributor
11 years ago

LoadUI and SoapUi don't use the same groovy lib version

Currently the last version of LoadUI 2.6.8 is using an different version of groovy library (groovy-all-1.8.5.jar) that the last version of SoapUI 2.6.4 use (groovy-all-2.1.7.jar) and this may result in some incompatibilities. I spend 1 day to find why my scenario that works fine in SoapUi don't work when is loaded in to the SoapUI Runner.

Note that I'm talking about the OpenSource versions, I don't know if this is reproducible in Pro to.
Thanks!

12 Replies

sbrey
    Occasional Contributor
    Today I have invested some time to install the newest SoapUI 5.0 and LoadUI 2.7.0 products on my Linux environment.
    I executed the same SoapUI suites using
      SoapUI 5.0 propduct
        LoadUI 2.7.0 / SoapUI Runner
        SoapUI 5.0 is working as expected without any problems, LoadUI 2.7.0 however is showing the same JAVA Runtime Exception when running SoapUIRunner.
        (please have a look at attachement)

=> So: SoapUI and SoapUI Runner of LoadUI are unfortunately not compatible at the moment, when running my companies SoapUI suites.
        sbrey
        Occasional Contributor
        The reason for the misbehavior/bug of LoadUI 2.7 is quite clear:

Examination of Bundle:

maven@cbsload01:~/SmartBear/LoadUI-2.7.0/bundle/tmp> jar tvf loadui-soapui-plugin-2.7.0.jar | grep groovy
        5956300 Wed Nov 20 12:03:50 CET 2013 groovy-all-1.8.0.jar
        maven@cbsload01:~/SmartBear/LoadUI-2.7.0/bundle/tmp>

means:

HINT: LoadUI SoapUI bundle is again packaged with the old groovy 1.8.0 jar , so suites depending on standard groovy 2.0 featuers (which works perfectly for SoapUI product (based on groovy 2) have to fail !!!

At the moment LoadUI is only supporting out-dated Groovy 1.8 scripts, SoapUI however Groovy 2.x scripts.