Forum Discussion

erankux
New Contributor
11 years ago

LoadUI 2.5.4 GUI stuck

The new LoadUI 2.5.4 64 bit version stuck in load with high CPU usage, also in distributed mode.
The only way is to kill the process.
Please advice
Eran

6 Replies

• Hi!

We've answered you in the support issue that you sent us

Regards

Henrik O
    SmartBear Software
    jzhao
    Occasional Contributor
    What is the answer?

Overall we notice LoadUI 2.1.x and 2.5.x not reliable when running with high load. Yes, it is the Pro version. UI hanges, VM crashes, connection to agents drops. Any suggestion to the best practice to use the software?
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    Please make sure NOT to use TableLog components in a high-load test. It is meant to be used for debugging purposes only. We're fixing this issue, but currently this is the most likely reason for the GUI to freeze.

Regarding agents, we usually do not have problems with up to 10 agents running intensive loads. But notice that each agent can simulate several users! Make sure to set the "burst size" on the Fixed Rate Component, for example, as this is what actually represents number of users. And you can have several Generators in each agent, up to the limit of your agent's system.

Let us know if you still need assistance getting highly-intensive load tests running with LoadUI!

Regards,

Renato
    SmartBear Software
    SmartBear_Suppo
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)
    We're currently working on the TableLog issue.

Regards

Henrik O
    SmartBear Software
  • I think I am still having this problem in LoadUI Pro 2.6.2

I am using a SoapUI Runner with ~100 threads. When I had two Table Logs attached to the runner, the UI would freeze after 60-80 seconds. This happened every time, 100% reproducible.
    As soon as I removed both of the Table Logs then I could run the test indefinitely.

Was this problem supposed to have been fixed in version 2.6? According to this page: http://www.loadui.org/About-loadUI/what ... ui-26.html
  • Hi, Can you post a project which reproduces the problem?
    I don't seem to be able to cause the GUI to freeze.

Regards,

Renato
    SmartBear Software