Forum Discussion

bennythedroid
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Just cost me days of work

I save constantly, after every edit I make to my tests.

My work machine remains on at all time so I can RDP in.

Today I created a new workspace. When I went back to the old workspace, about half of my project work is gone. Just gone. Some of my latest work is still there, but most of it is just GONE. I'm looking all over my directory, and somehow, tons of my work just got torched and the files are nowhere to be found. At this point, I'm hoping I can revert to a prior state and get some of this back.

Lesson learned, I put way too much faith in this program to not have my project files religiously backed-up elsewhere.

1 Reply

• You can't blame the program for your lack of back up policy. If it's worth keeping you should be storing it in source control - there is no excuse for not doing that.

You say you leave your machine on all the time - what would happen if the machine itself failed? (hard disk failures are common) Who would you blame in this scenario?

Lesson 101 at Comp-Sci - back it up - or face the consequences.

I sympathize with your situation, but if there is a real issue with Soapui not behaving as you expect, then you'll need to give the team a little more to go on other than what you wrote in your post.

Start by providing the Soapui build number, the methods you used to save the files (save or save as), the expected behaviour, the pattern of the missing content - was it random or was it sequential?