Forum Discussion

CarolJin
Occasional Contributor
8 years ago

I cannot start up my Ready!API after my license expired, how can I apply new license to it? UrgentP1

I cannot start up my Ready!API after my license expired, how can I apply new license to it? Urgent,P1

Cannot see old license any more..

I believe your tool has critical bug at expired – reinstall license process.

You should try de-attach my pc with my old license, since I get a totally new license!

& The other thing is why my app cannot even be open on mac pro after license expired??

My pc’s detail:

LM-SFA-11003821:

inet 10.236.62.231 netmask 0xfffffc00 broadcast 10.236.63.255

11 Replies

• I'm sorry for the problem you are having, and for the response from the support team.  I have escalated the case and you should be contacted when the first team comes in within a few hours.  Thank you for patience while we work through the issue.

CarolJin
        Occasional Contributor

I can start up the application after installed the free trial version, & applied my license successfully after that.

CarolJin
      Occasional Contributor

Terrible support, P1, has no solution or reply in 2 days!

CarolJin
        Occasional Contributor

No support till now, not sure why, anything happen to SmartBear on supporting Mac pc???

fredsvar
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

I have installed licenses many times but I cannot really relate to what problem you run into. Can you be as specific as possible in the steps you take when installing the new license (including error messages or other things which stops you). If the old one has expired you don't need to do anything about it, it will be removed automatically.

As for the question about supported OSes, Linux, MacOS and Windows are all supported platforms.

If you haven't done so already, please download the latest maintenance build from here:
    https://support.smartbear.com/downloads/readyapi/nightly-builds/

It could be a problem which has already been reported and fixed.

CarolJin
      Occasional Contributor

It's quite obviously, I cannot start up the application any more, it happens since my old license expired. It is always loading on mac pro, then becomes no responding...

Now I get a new license, I cannot start up, how can I apply the new license??

What you guys keep saying don't understand my issue? Never start to look into?? Weird... And no supporter is following the issue at all...

fredsvar
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

OK. So it doesn't start at all. That is very weird.

Assuming that you have downloaded the latest maintenance build and still encounter the same problem, I would suggest removing soapui.key and soapui.dat from the .soapui directory in your home directory. Or even better, rename them to something else or move them somewhere, that way they don't get lost.

I don't know what could possibly make it not start just because it doesn't have a valid license, it should tell you that you don't have a license and ask if you want to install one.  A word of warning though, deleting the two files will forever remove that license (which should be ok in your case but maybe not for others finding this thread on google).

If it isn't directly related to the expired license but caused by something becoming corrupt at the time when the product stopped because the license expired (or something), I would start by looking in the .readyapi/logs/ directory to see if there are any errors logged during startup. It could be that it hangs because of a corrupted settings file, corrupted workspace or something else. It shouldn't but it is where I would start looking. When customer care gets back to you (or you contact them), the log files will probably help them help you.

I am in no position to tell you why you have not gotten a response but I am sure they will come back to you, I am just trying to help you on my spare time while you are waiting. As an employee I can only say I am sorry you haven't got the response you expected.