Forum Discussion

IBaxter
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

how to assign a particular jdbc setup to a particular environment

Hello,

Ability run the same tests against diffefrent environments is a key feature for us. 

the difference between environments are their urls and databases.

Unfortunatelly I could not figure out how to assign a particular jdbc setup to a particular environment.

Below is what I did:

Select SoapUI Ng

Select your project

click Databases

and configures all databases that I need for different environments

Click Envoronment

select some env that I created earlier

Click REST services to make sure that an endpoint is correct

Click JDBC Connections

and I see all avalable jdcb connections as a list.

How I can associate one particular connection needed for this environment? I don't see a way to do it.

My test steps have Several jdbc requests. Therefore before running my test suite for a selected environment I have to change Connection value manually for every single jdbc request. it practically destoys the whole idea of the Environments and automation.

Any idea?

Thank you, 

Irina

• So, you mean for each endpoint asssociation in the environment manager, you would like to have a separate JDBC connection setup. Agree! I have faced this too! I don't think this is possible with the current versions of Ready! API, just based on my current explorations in it. Not sure though!

The idea sounds valid! So, I would recommend you to create a feature request here - http://community.smartbear.com/t5/Ready-API-Feature-Requests/idb-p/ReadyAPIFeatureRequests

Thanks,

Samy

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others, Thanks. ↓↓↓

1 Reply

kondasamy
    Regular Contributor

So, you mean for each endpoint asssociation in the environment manager, you would like to have a separate JDBC connection setup. Agree! I have faced this too! I don't think this is possible with the current versions of Ready! API, just based on my current explorations in it. Not sure though!

The idea sounds valid! So, I would recommend you to create a feature request here - http://community.smartbear.com/t5/Ready-API-Feature-Requests/idb-p/ReadyAPIFeatureRequests

Thanks,

Samy

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others, Thanks. ↓↓↓