Forum Discussion

jm2018
New Contributor
7 years ago

Get "Uncaught exception in Thread "JavaFX Application Thread" when i start up ReadyAPI

When I start-up Ready API from the Start-Up menu, i get the below message in the ReadyAPI log window

"Uncaught exception in Thread "JavaFX Application Thread"

Also attached the complete log for you reference

Here is the snippet of it---------------------

Sun Feb 11 20:40:45 EST 2018:ERROR:Uncaught exception in Thread "JavaFX Application Thread":
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.eviware.soapui.support.components.EnabledWebViewBasedBrowserComponent.getWebEngine(EnabledWebViewBasedBrowserComponent.java:291)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.components.EnabledWebViewBasedBrowserComponent.access$6(EnabledWebViewBasedBrowserComponent.java:290)
at com.eviware.soapui.support.components.EnabledWebViewBasedBrowserComponent$8.run(EnabledWebViewBasedBrowserComponent.java:370)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$null$173(PlatformImpl.java:295)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$174(PlatformImpl.java:294)
at com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:95)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
at com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$null$148(WinApplication.java:191)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 

2 Replies

lakshmiarun
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi,

Thank you for posting on our forum.

Most probably, the situation is caused by the fact that your system doesn't support JavaFX. You can work around it by disabling ReadyAPI's internal browser. To disable the browser component, open Vmoptions file in text editor and add the following line to it, save the file and restart the ReaydAPI.

"-Dsoapui.jxbrowser.disabled=true"

Best,

Lakshmi

jm2018
      New Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I added the configuration in ReadyAPI.VMOPTIONS file,

I no longer get the error message when i start up ReadyAPI, however when i click on the project menu, i throws the same error again