Forum Discussion

dfranko
New Contributor
14 years ago

Feature Request - Commenting

It would be nice to have some sort of a commenting/documentation system within a TestCase and beyond. Perhaps another step that is a comment, or some way inside a step to put comments. Obviously you can do this with Groovy steps, but there is little opportunity to do this within other steps. There are other testing tools that provide this functionality. I'm thinking in terms of HP QC where you can describe the test case and provide things like pre-conditions,description and purpose of the test.

1 Reply

• There is a "Description" element for each Test Case. This is where I put any kind of summary, pre-conditions, expected results, requirements, etc.

Double-click a test case. Click the 'Description' tab. One neat feature is that if this Description field contains any text, then mousing over the test case in the navigation tree will display a popup 'tool tip' style window that displays contents of the Description field.

Same concept exists for TestSuites and Project. I know of no such feature for individual test steps. Not sure I would want to have that level of detail cluttering my view.